- 1 How do you come up with a sitcom idea?
- 2 What can we learn from sitcoms?
- 3 How do you make a sitcom character?
- 4 How do you write a kids sitcom?
- 5 How many pages is a 30 minute TV script?
- 6 How many pages should a half hour pilot be?
- 7 What can TV teach you?
- 8 What are some important lessons in life?
- 9 What TV shows make you smarter?
- 10 Who is the best sitcom character of all time?
- 11 How long is a sitcom script?
- 12 How many main characters should a TV show have?
- 13 How many pages should a sitcom pilot be?
- 14 How do you sell a pilot on a network?
How do you come up with a sitcom idea?
Here are just a few things I learned.
- The Premise Has Got to be Rock Solid.
- Characters Must Generate Stories.
- Characters Must Develop (but not too much)
- Every Scene Must Have a Point.
- Every Episode Must Have a Point.
- Every Sitcom Must Have a Point.
- Allow the Unexpected.
What can we learn from sitcoms?
11 Lessons Sitcom Families Have Taught Us
- It’s OK To Be Dysfunctional.
- Don’t Betray Your Values.
- It’s OK To Admit You’re Wrong.
- Don’t Be Quick To Judge Others.
- You Don’t Need Money To Be Happy.
- Home Is Where You Make It.
- Don’t Pay Attention To What Others Think.
- Family Problems Don’t Go Away As You Get Older.
How do you make a sitcom character?
Rules to create great sitcom characters
- Original. Before anything else, your new character must be that.
- Familiar. In the 80s and 90s, several extremely different characters emerged who were nevertheless pretty much the same guy.
How do you write a kids sitcom?
- Make it too wordy.
- Introduce lots of sub-plots, stick to one.
- Prioritise including references for adults (a common mistake)
- Include topical or cultural references that will be lost on your audience.
- Neglect the use of slapstick gags that you might consider cliched, children won’t always know what is coming.
How many pages is a 30 minute TV script?
But contrary to the old adage that 1 page of script equals 1 minute of screen time, a 30-minute multi-camera (sitcom) script is usually around 45 pages, a 30-minute single camera script is around 34 pages, and a 1-hour drama script can be as short as 45 pages (Nip Tuck) or as long as 80 pages (Gilmore Girls.)
How many pages should a half hour pilot be?
The industry standard for the page count of a one hour-drama is between 45 and 75 pages. For half-hour comedies, this count needs to be between 22 and 45 pages.
What can TV teach you?
Television can teach kids important values and life lessons. Educational programming can develop young children’s socialization and learning skills. News, current events and historical programming can help make young people more aware of other cultures and people.
What are some important lessons in life?
10 Important Life Lessons to Learn Early on in Life
- Money Will Never Solve Your Real Problems.
- Pace Yourself.
- You Can’t Please Everyone.
- Your Health Is Your Most Valuable Asset.
- You Don’t Always Get What You Want.
- It’s Not All About You.
- There’s No Shame in Not Knowing.
- Love Is More Than a Feeling; It’s a Choice.
What TV shows make you smarter?
8 TV Shows That Will Actually Make You Smarter
- Grey’s Anatomy. After watching every season of Grey’s Anatomy we confidently say that you can consider it as one of the TV shows that will make you smarter.
- Brain Games.
- Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey.
- How It’s Made.
- Mr Robot.
- Doctor Who.
Who is the best sitcom character of all time?
10 Best Sitcom Characters Of The 21st Century
- 4 Larry David – Curb Your Enthusiasm.
- 5 Eleanor Shellstrop – The Good Place.
- 6 Captain Raymond Holt – Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
- 7 Gloria Pritchett – Modern Family.
- 8 Sheldon Cooper – The Big Bang Theory.
- 9 Charlie Kelly – It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
- 10 Tracy Jordan – 30 Rock.
How long is a sitcom script?
Thus, a sitcom script is generally between 25 and 40 pages long. Every sitcom episode has a main plot (story A), as well as one or two subplots (stories B and C).
How many main characters should a TV show have?
Consider how many characters you will feature. Typically 4 or 5 with a stronger ‘lead’ character seems to work. Pick a handful of shows and check for yourself.
How many pages should a sitcom pilot be?
Page Count for Sitcoms For half-hour comedies, the page count should be between 22 and 60 pages. It really depends on the show’s network and platform. Some pilots are double-spaced so that attributes for the wide array of page lengths.
How do you sell a pilot on a network?
8 Tips for Pitching a TV Show
- Write a pilot before writing the full pitch.
- Practice your pitch.
- Know what happens after the first season.
- Talk about what your show is really about.
- Do research on the networks you’re pitching.
- Bring energy and passion to the pitch meeting.