- 1 How do you create a sub lesson plan?
- 2 What should a substitute plan include?
- 3 Do substitute teachers make lesson plans?
- 4 How do you write a simple lesson plan?
- 5 How do you write an emergency sub plan?
- 6 How do I create a sub plan in Nearpod?
- 7 What should a substitute teacher do on the first day?
- 8 What makes a great substitute teacher?
- 9 What is substitute plan?
- 10 What can you do if you don’t have a lesson plan?
- 11 Is substitute teaching easy?
- 12 What exactly are substitute teachers supposed to do?
- 13 What are the 7 E’s of lesson plan?
- 14 How do you make an online lesson plan?
- 15 What is a 5 step lesson plan?
How do you create a sub lesson plan?
Tips for Writing Sub Plans Use a combination of bold, bullets, and underlining to make things stand out. Be consistent. For example, underline the same types of things throughout your plans so that it becomes a cheat sheet for the eye and your sub can find things quickly even if they’ve never subbed for you before.
What should a substitute plan include?
Your substitute teacher folder should include this key information so your class won’t miss a beat.
- School emergency procedures such as fire drills and lock-downs.
- Insights into student behavior and past problems.
- Health concerns.
- Special accommodations.
- Map of the school.
- Names of helpful associates.
Do substitute teachers make lesson plans?
Each grade level presents unique challenges for substitute teachers. Thus, to be successful in educating elementary school students, substitute teachers must learn to implement lesson plans in a way that promotes a sense of security and nurtures students’ developmental needs.
How do you write a simple lesson plan?
Listed below are 6 steps for preparing your lesson plan before your class.
- Identify the learning objectives.
- Plan the specific learning activities.
- Plan to assess student understanding.
- Plan to sequence the lesson in an engaging and meaningful manner.
- Create a realistic timeline.
- Plan for a lesson closure.
How do you write an emergency sub plan?
Creating Easy “Emergency” Plans for Substitutes
- Class roster.
- Attendance sheet.
- Up-to-date seating chart.
- Daily instruction schedule/school schedule.
- Names of helpful students and/or a job chart.
- Classroom rules.
- Classroom routines and procedures.
- Overview of your behavior management system.
How do I create a sub plan in Nearpod?
- From your My Library page, click “Sub Plans” in the left side bar.
- Click “New Sub Plan.”
- Click “Add Lessons” to add Nearpod lessons from your library to your sub plan.
- Search for and select the lessons you’d like to add to your sub plan.
What should a substitute teacher do on the first day?
10 Tips For First Time Substitute Teachers
- Dress The Part.
- Arrive Early.
- Greet The Office Staff Upon Entering.
- Inquire About Students With Special Needs.
- Introduce Yourself To The Students In A Fun Way.
- Set The Ground Rules.
- Stick With The Lesson Plan.
- Have Some Extra Activities Ready.
What makes a great substitute teacher?
Effective substitute teachers must be organized, detail-oriented and able to adjust to any situation that occurs in the classroom. They strive to have positive interactions with their students and tend to be warm, caring and genuinely invested in helping their students succeed.
What is substitute plan?
The sub binder will tell the information that your sub needs to know about how to run your classroom. The sub plans are the actual content that the substitute will be teaching, and a sub tub is what you keep the sub plans organized in.
What can you do if you don’t have a lesson plan?
Substitutes: What To Do When the Teacher Doesn’t Leave a Lesson
- Leaving a Substitute Teacher Hanging. Substitute teaching can be quite the challenge.
- Ask the Students.
- Have Go-To Resources on Hand.
- Play an Academic Game.
- Show a Movie.
- Open a Study Hall.
- Hold Realistic Objectives.
Is substitute teaching easy?
The key is preparation. Substitute teaching is a very challenging job —even full-time teachers will admit that. It’s near impossible to walk into a room full of strangers and expect they’ll respect you, listen to you, and behave nicely!
What exactly are substitute teachers supposed to do?
Substitute teachers perform the instructional and classroom management processes for teachers who are absent for a day or longer periods of time. Their duties include taking attendance, explaining homework, and maintaining classroom cleanliness.
What are the 7 E’s of lesson plan?
So what is it? The 7 Es stand for the following. Elicit, Engage, Explore,Explain, Elaborate, Extend and Evaluate.
How do you make an online lesson plan?
- Use Lesson Plan Templates. “Where do I begin?” is a question I often ask when designing an online course.
- Identify Component Skills. Think back to the time you were learning to drive.
- Involve Your Learner.
- Explore Misconceptions & Debates.
- Prototype For A Great Course.
- Make Emotionally Satisfying Content.
What is a 5 step lesson plan?
The five steps involved are the Anticipatory Set, Introduction of New Material, Guided Practice, Independent Practice and Closure.